SEDS is an independent, non-profit, student-based organization which promotes the exploration and development of space. SEDS pursues this mission by educating people about the benefits of space, by supporting a network of interested students, by providing an opportunity for members to develop their leadership skills, and inspiring people through our involvement in space-related projects. SEDS believes in a space-faring civilization and that focusing the enthusiasm of young people is the key to our future in space. One of its major objectives is to generate interest and help people in pursuing space oriented careers.
The prime initiative is to generate and stimulate Interest amongst its members in space sciences and promotion of hobbies of astronomy, astrophysics, star gazing has taken a good stand.SEDS nurtures its members' innovativeness and makes them aware with the latest in space technology.
SEDS thrives to provide avenues for career opportunities and to reveal opportunities for young engineers and students hailing from various fields. It highlights career prospects & gives more insight in the fields of astronomy, astrophysics and aerospace.
SEDS delivers value to its members through constant encouragement and helps its student members in their projects related to space sciences; assisting them in their endeavors.
The organizational structure of SEDS comprising entirely of students provides an opportunity to the members to hone their Communications skills, Leadership skills and management skills.
Aims and Objectives
1. SEDS strives to be an independent student-based organisation that encourages the exploration and development of space.
2. It enables students discuss, learn about and implement space and space-enabled technologies.
3. To create future leaders who can aid the exploration and development of space.
4. To encourage members to understand the importance of space exploration and development.
5. To encourage members to build models/prototypes to better understand the working of space systems(rockets, satellites, space crafts, probes, rovers, orbiters etc).
6. To encourage members to explore space through ground and space based tools and instruments (telescopes, softwares, binoculars etc).
7. To encourage innovations in space sciences through paper presentations and research and development..
8. To encourage members to popularize space sciences in the country among students in particular and the public in general.
9. To encourage the development of lateral space related fields like space art, space music, space literature, space law etc. to augment the capabilities that space science enables.
10.To enable students to work in teams and share their knowledge as a means of personal growth and development.